Kybella is a revolutionary injectable treatment that permanently destroys fat cells beneath the chin for a slimmer appearance. It’s the first FDA-approved injectable designed to enhance the appearance of your double chin. Its active ingredient is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule that diminishes fat cells. When this medicine is injected into the area beneath your chin, it destroys fat cells, and your body flushes the fat cells, gradually revealing a contoured facial appearance.
The advantages of this treatment include:
What is the main ingredient in Kybella? It’s comprised of deoxycholic acid, which destroys and absorbs fat. When injected into the targeted area, the fat cells are diminished and won’t regenerate. The procedure relies on a natural process to treat and flush out fat cells. Therefore, several treatments may be needed once monthly. Your treatment will begin with a topical anesthetic applied to the area. We specialize in treating the chin, jowls, bra bulge, inner thighs, and abdomen. We’ll administer the injection in the targeted area using an adjusted dose.
Contact our office if you are interested in a prescription-strength non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) to use before and after your Kybella treatment
1 HOUR BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Take aspirin or another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, or Motrin.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Inform your provider of your current medical history, all medications or supplements you have been taking, and if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- You may have some discomfort that feels like a deep toothache.
- Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, or Motrin to help with discomfort.
- Resume normal activities and exercise as long as it is comfortable for you
- Bruising is common
- You may apply a cold pack to minimize bruising or try topical Arnica gel.
FOR 2-7 DAYS AFTER TREATMENT:
- The treated area(s) may be red, inflamed, swollen, and/or bruised. Do not be alarmed.
- 3-4 sessions are recommended and should be separated by 4-6 weeks
- We want you to be thrilled with your results.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact us directly for assistance.
Get In Touch!