Microneedling is a medical treatment using the SkinPen to penetrate deeply beneath the targeted area. Enhance the amount of collagen production and renew your skin tissues for smoother, toned skin. We specialize in SkinPen and Microneedling with and without natural growth factors, primarily on the face area, to treat several scars, enlarged pores, and wrinkles. This minimally invasive treatment is safe for patients who are in optimal health. It consists of no chemicals and is suited for all skin types.
The pros of this treatment include:
Why Choose Us? We have provided safe, effective Microneedling treatments for many years. Our experts can ensure optimal results and minimal risk of adverse effects.
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the first FDA-approved microneedling device. It stimulates controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process while treating and reducing cellular damage. The results? Effective regenerating of scar tissues while preserving the structure of the skin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
Which areas are treated?
When will I see the results?
How long do results last?
What can I do to prepare for my treatment?
Discontinue Accutane before (and during) microneedling treatment(s)
4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Pretreat your skin with regular use of Vitamin C, sunscreen (zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide), and retinol
1 WEEK BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAID) drugs such as Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Celebrex, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E as these medications and vitamins may increase your risk of bleeding and/or bruising to the treated area(s)
- Multi-vitamins and Tylenol are permitted
- Please inform your provider if you have any history of Herpes Simplex (cold sores) on your face or lips. We can prescribe you a medication to prevent an outbreak.
- Please inform your provider if you would like a prescription-strength topical numbing cream. We can prescribe this for you.
48 HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid Retin-A and other retinol
- Avoid topical antibiotics, exfoliants, and benzoyl peroxide
24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid direct sun exposure, tanning beds, and self-tanning products
- Tans and burns can result in hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) and hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin)
- If you use tanning beds, we recommend that you discontinue this practice due to the increased risk of skin cancer and aging.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Eat a healthy meal
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink at least 4-6 glasses of water
30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Apply topical numbing cream to the treatment area(s)
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Inform your provider of your current medical history, all medications or supplements you have been taking, and if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
What is the aftercare?
- The side effects after treatment include:
- Mild redness or flushing, which may feel like a mild sunburn
- Dryness and/or tightness
- Pinpoint bleeding
- You may have 1-3 days of social downtime after microneedling treatments.
UP TO 24 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT:
- Avoid heavy exercise, increasing your heart rate, or sweating
- Avoid direct sunlight, sun exposure, and/or tanning beds
- If sun exposure is unavoidable, use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater, combined with zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, use mineral-based makeup.
48-72 HOURS AFTER TREATMENT:
- Most redness and flushing will be gone, although this may take longer in some individuals
- You may have some pinpoint scabbing, dark areas, and/or some flaking
- Avoid touching or picking at these areas and let them flake off on their own
FOR 1 WEEK AFTER TREATMENT
- Avoid exfoliating agents, face scrubs, or microdermabrasion
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser
- Apply Hyaluronic Acid as needed
- Apply moisturizer as needed
- Apply daily sunblock with an SPF of 30 or greater containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) for discomfort
- You may take 500-1000 mg every 4-6 hours, a maximum of 4g/day
- You may use cool compresses for discomfort
- Use for 3-5 minutes at a time every 1-2 hours
- We recommend a series of 3-6 treatments at 4–6-week intervals for optimal results.
Are there side effects?
Get In Touch!